Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Autechre- Confield

Confield (2001)

I don't know if this album is really the best introduction to Autechre, but it is definitely a fan-favorite and it was the album that really sold them to me. It is a difficult, trying experience to get through this, don't get me wrong. There is nothing "catchy" about the music here. For me, it's all about the love of texture. It's almost like harsh noise, except arranged with pinpoint precision. Each second of each mix is filled with such lush detail and sensory overload that it takes many, many listens to begin to appreciate this album. My favorite track is "Parhelic Triangle", if that means anything.

Track List:
  1. "VI Scose Poise" – 6:57
  2. "Cfern" – 6:41
  3. "Pen Expers" – 7:08
  4. "Sim Gishel" – 7:14
  5. "Parhelic Triangle" – 6:03
  6. "Bine" – 4:41
  7. "Eidetic Casein" – 6:12
  8. "Uviol" – 8:35
  9. "Lentic Catachresis" – 8:29
mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment